Pool opens Memorial Day weekend
Well, as we expected, the pool is officially opening FRIDAY, MAY 24. At this point, we’re in the final stretch but having the extra week will allow us the time to get it just right. Here’s where we are and what’s left to be done:
- The new sod is in place but we are fixing a few more grading and drainage issues.
- The chairs are out of the bathrooms but we still plan to replace the women’s room toilets.
- Much of new furniture arrived (see Bryan McCann’s photo) but it needs to be assembled.
- The new doors are on but we need to paint and install the hardware.
Some administrative tasks … When you come to the pool for the first time this season, you may be asked to update your photo. All members (adults and kids) should have a current photo as part of their electronic ID.
Also, remember we can’t accept any payments at the front desk. If you need Daily Guest Passes, purchase them in advance at the website.
Finally, we like to keep things fun and casual at RCP, but there are certain rules we need to enforce in order to keep everyone safe. This is a great time to review the Rules and Regulations. A few line items to remember:
- Running on the pool deck, pushing, wrestling, fighting (in or out of the swimming pool), etc., are forbidden.
- Don’t bring glass to the pool. Except for eyeglasses, glass of any type (bottles, containers or receptacles) is prohibited.
- Birthday parties and other special events must be scheduled and approved in advance.
Don’t forget …
… Memorial Day Cookout needs you … Volunteer an hour of your time on Monday, May 27, so we can throw an awesome BBQ!
… Valentine Slim music night … And don’t forget Valentine Slim performs 4-7 p.m. that same evening. $5 bottomless cup for beer/wine.
… Water aerobics classes start June 18 … Session One is SOLD OUT and so register to grab one of the few spots left for Session Two!
… Summer tennis sessions begin June 17 … Registration is open for a variety of classes for juniors and adults.
… Fins swim to fight cancer … We’re dedicating Friday morning, July 12, to finding a cure. To learn more, and to donate, visit the Swim Across America team page.
If you are a FINS swim or dive family … Visit the team’s websites at rockcreekswim.swimtopia.com and rockcreekdive.swimtopia.com, respectively. Here’s how you reach the team reps and coaches:
- Swim reps Geoff Plague and Fred Baechli = email@example.com
- Swim coach Katherine Karson = firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dive reps Dawn Moffitt and Katie McGervey = email@example.com
- Dive coach Patrick Meck = firstname.lastname@example.org