Hey all Rock Creek families! Did you get your Fiesta Night party tickets? Uncle Julio’s guac awaits you on Saturday if you did. If not, bring your own food and come enjoy the scene. Either way, see you there! Our Social Team is really rocking the Rock Creek calendar this year!
CALENDAR. Check out the pool calendar for hours of operation & events.
- NOTE: On Friday, the pool opens one hour late (11am) to general swimming. Early morning swimming will operate normally.
- Calendar Pro Tip: In the calendar, click on the “week” view to see opening and closing times for the pool each day.
FIESTA NIGHT, SATURDAY, JULY 14
We’re so excited for another fun Fiesta Night! Here’s everything you need to know about the day’s activities:
1. Registered Fiesta Night attendees can sign in at the guard desk starting a little after 4:30 p.m. You will be handed your colored wristbands and any adult beverage coupons you ordered. The color of the wristband determines which group you are in for the dinner line.
2. Chips/salsa and drinks will be available around 5 p.m. The bar will have a variety of drink options. You must use coupons to pay for your drinks; no cash payments to the bartenders aside from tips is needed. You can purchase additional coupons at the guard desk. Drink coupons cost $5 for 1 coupon, $20 for six coupons.
3. We will announce the first group of dinner guests around 6 p.m. Please form a single line at the entrance to the grill area and show your wristband to the volunteers manning the gate. If you do not have the correct wristband color, please do not attempt to get in line.
4. Once the first group is sufficiently through the line, we will announce the second group. We will repeat this process through the subsequent groups.
5. Also at 6 p.m. is the Salsa Contest. Our three judges, including last year’s champion Reema Gupta, will sample the entries in a blind-tasting and declare our winner! Contact Laura Abate (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like to enter the contest.
6. Music will be playing throughout the day, but we encourage folks to hit the dance floor after dinner for some fun salsa dancing!
7. The evening will conclude around 9:45 p.m. so please take a moment to cleanup your space.
TUESDAY, JULY 17 — TRIVIA NIGHT
We’re hosting round two of the Rock Creek Pool Trivia Night. Come out to the Grill Area around 6 p.m. for a fun evening of competitive questions for the entire family. Questions range from pop culture to geography to World Cup finalists, and everything in between. Participants over the age of 21 may enjoy complimentary beer.
WHAT: Trivia Night
WHEN: 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
WHERE: Grill Area
SWIM TO FIGHT CANCER: CALLING ALL SWIMMERS!
Friday: Get ready to swim to raise money when theRock Creek Fins Swim to Fight Cancer!
Just note Friday’s special hours: The pool will open at 11am to general swimming. Early bird swimming is not affected. Please consider participating … a small donation and signing a waiver is all you need!
For registration and more info, see the event page.
FOUNTAINS IN THE WADING POOL
For folks using the wading pool (are you enjoying the upgraded digs?), by now you’ve seen the small fountains in operation. If you come by the pool and they’re not on, just ask at the Front Desk and they’ll be happy to turn on the fountains. And did you know each fountain can be turned off or on separately? Pretty cool.